a m e r i c a

| home |

| africa | AMERICA | asia | east asia | europe | oceania | south east asia |

| commemorative | hybrid | polymer | australia |

| a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z |

01 September, 2016

Suriname - $5 Hybrid Dated 2012

This is a Suriname $5 note with the year date of 2012. This note has been reported as a Hybrid note presumably introduced in 2014. I do not have any other information to confirm this or to tell you how you can identify this as a Hybrid note. So far I have only sighted one prefix GA and judging by the serial numbers, I would say a maximum print of 10 million pieces however I do not believe this is the case as the 2010 print also has GA prefix too. However whether the serial numbers range have any indication on this note or the signature, I can't tell. I believe the signature on this note belongs to the Central Bank President - Gillmore A Hoefdraad. I believe the previous 2010 issue has the Bank President's signature of Andre E Telting (tenure 1994-1996 and 2000-2010). This note has a watermark of the country's Central Bank building and the imprinter is Giesecke & Devrient which is also printed on back of the note.

Five dollars
Dated 2012, P163b
Reverse

No comments:

Post a Comment